The safety of our students and staff is the top priority of the Wakefield-Marenisco School District. Our school practices a variety of safety drills each year to ensure that we are well-prepared in the event of an emergency.
Parents and guardian also play a role in the safety of our school. As a parent or guardian, please do the following things to help our school be a safe place for everyone:
- Please drive slowly on school grounds and around school buses.
- Please use the buzzer on the south door of the school if you need to enter the school for any reason. Please be prepared to state the reason for your visit, and sign in at the office.
- In the event that there is an emergency at school, please do not try to call or come to the school. The parking lot must remain clear for emergency vehicles, and the phones may be unable to be answered. Following the emergency, an automated call will be sent to all registered phone numbers stating that the emergency situation has ended.
Michigan Public Act 12 of 2014, states that all schools must conduct the following safety drills annually:
- 5 fire safety drills per school year, with three occurring by December 1st.
- 2 tornado safety drills per school year, with at least one taking place in March.
- 3 lockdown drills, with one drill conducted during a lunch-recess period, or at another time when a significant number of the students are gathered but not in the classroom. At least one drill must take place by December 1st and at least one drill must be held after January 1st.
Completed Safety Drills – 2018-2019
- September 13th, 10:00 a.m.
- October 2nd, 2:00 p.m.
- September 18th, 10:30 a.m.
Completed Safety Drills – 2017-2018
- September 25, 8:30 a.m.
- October 12, 12:30 p.m.
- October 30, 2:30 p.m.
- May 16, 12:45 p.m.
Lock Down Drills
- November 7, 9:30 a.m.
- April 25, 9:00 a.m.