Officers were elected at the September meeting of the Wakefield-Marenisco Booster Club.
Re-elected were (standing) Missy Lane – President, Amy Tarro – Vice President, Sue Ahonen – Treasurer, and Michelle Wasielewski – Secretary.
In addition to the officers the Executive Committee includes: Pam Bachand, Diane Laessig, and Julie Hautala.
The Booster Club welcomes new members. Anyone who is a paid Super Booster is automatically a member and encouraged to attend the monthly meetings. Meetings are held at the W-M school the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the school library at 5:00.
The Booster Club’s mission is to support the Wakefield –Marenisco athletics. Most recent purchases total over $15,000 and include:
- Annual contribution of $300 to each athletic team to support the purchase of uniforms, equipment, attend camps, and an additional $150/per varsity team for transportation expenses.
- Hurdles for the track team — $3,347
- Miners Baseball (boys) & Softball (girls) Startup Support — $2,000
- Refurbishing the gym floor in conjunction with the school district- $2,000
- Elementary Basketball Tournament Fees – $600
- Senior Athletic Scholarships – $2,000
- Team chairs and floor mats in the gym featuring the W-M logo -$2,000
- Volleyball Equipment – $1,419
- Water bottle fountain in the gym — $1,000
- Water bottles for all athletes – $1,000
You can support the W-M Booster Club by signing up to work in the concession stand or sell 50/50 tickets at one of the many home games for football, volleyball, basketball, or track. To sign up please click here. On behalf of the student athletes and the WM Booster Club, we sincerely thank everyone for their support.